Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We Did It!!!

We Did It! We reached our fundraising goal!

Thank you!! Today is Wednesday, and we leave for Cape Horn on Sunday!

I just got off the phone with my excellent good friend Betsy Bray, who traveled to Cape Horn and took the same excursion last year. She is kindly loaning me her waterproof trekking gear, which is wonderful because we are not only doing this project on a shoestring- we are doing it on the little tiny hard thing on the end of the shoestring. What do you call that thing again? Say it with me: AGLET! We are doing this trip on an aglet, and every little bit of cost avoided is a good thing. So today I will pick up my loaned gear and then start a hunt for the same things in mini-size for Miss Ava. Waterproof trekking boots, waterproof gloves, waterproof pants and some decent fleecy stuff, sunglasses, and a cap.

I also need to address the subjects of various camera memory cards and batteries, travel documents, how to pack what into what bags, where the gear goes, and how to REMAIN CALM.

Less than four days until we leave! I am so excited! And nervous!

I remain,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment